Regarding retrieving user group membership using wbinfo.

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 01:49:52 MDT 2014

I haven't found the corresponding log messages in either log.wb-* or smbd
logs.

In dcerpc_binding_handle_call_send() , I found this..

if (h->ops->do_ndr_print) {
h->ops->do_ndr_print(h, NDR_IN | NDR_SET_VALUES,
     state->r_ptr, state->call);
}

I think this is where we try to log the request contents. Same stuff is
there in recv call as well. But the contents not getting printed any where.
Also I found that dcerpc_bh_do_ndr_print() is defined in source4 path. I am
not sure if this can be used in samba 3.6.12+ stack. If not then there
could definitely be some problem in printing these request and responses.

Also I would like to know if there is a way to disable the encryption in
DCE-RPC communication, so that we can check the content from packet capture
it self.

Thanks,
Hemanth.