Regarding retrieving user group membership using wbinfo.

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 07:28:11 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Hemanth Thummala
<hemanth.thummala at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't found the corresponding log messages in either log.wb-* or smbd
> logs.

Then possibly it is not going through that path ... what was the
message that Volker said should be printed? Is it in the source?

> In dcerpc_binding_handle_call_send() , I found this..
>
> if (h->ops->do_ndr_print) {
> h->ops->do_ndr_print(h, NDR_IN | NDR_SET_VALUES,
>      state->r_ptr, state->call);
> }
>
> I think this is where we try to log the request contents. Same stuff is
> there in recv call as well. But the contents not getting printed any where.
> Also I found that dcerpc_bh_do_ndr_print() is defined in source4 path. I am
> not sure if this can be used in samba 3.6.12+ stack. If not then there
> could definitely be some problem in printing these request and responses.
>
> Also I would like to know if there is a way to disable the encryption in
> DCE-RPC communication, so that we can check the content from packet capture
> it self.

It a secure channel connection. The DC will likely not talk to you if
you do not negotiate encryption.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe