Regarding Bug 3204 - winbindd: Exceeding 200 client connections, no idle connection found

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:24:24 MDT 2014

Hi All,

Recently we hit this issue twice at out customer site whose is running
samba 3.6.12+ stack. Increasing the "winbind max clients" to 400 also did
not help.

[2014/07/17 11:23:02.223054,  0]
winbindd/winbindd.c:947(winbindd_listen_fde_handler)
  winbindd: Exceeding 400 client connections, no idle connection found
[2014/07/17 11:23:02.224055,  0]
winbindd/winbindd.c:947(winbindd_listen_fde_handler)
  winbindd: Exceeding 400 client connections, no idle connection found

Winbindd went unresponsive and found that there are lot(>10K) of open file
handles for stuck winbindd process. Had to restart winbindd to restore the
user activities.

 3378 winbindd         10294 s - rw------   1       0 UDS
/usr/local/var/locks/winbindd_privileged/pipe
 3378 winbindd         10295 s - rw------   1       0 UDS
/usr/local/var/locks/winbindd_privileged/pipe
 3378 winbindd         *10296* s - rw------   1       0 UDS
/usr/local/var/locks/winbindd_privileged/pipe

Gdb stack of stuck winbindd process is updated in the bug.

I have seen few people have reported the same with post 3.3 stacks. Would
like to know if someone is able to figure out the reason and fix for this
issue.
​
--
Thanks,