allow dns updates on samba4

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rdguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Fri Jan 24 13:11:13 MST 2014

Hello list:

   This is my scenario:

Network: 192.168.0.0/16
Subnets: 192.168.1.0/24
                192.168.2.0/24

My Samba4 DCs are in 192.168.1.0/24 subnet and Windows clients are in
other subnets.

When I join a Windows client to my domain, if this client are located
out of 192.168.1.0/24 subnet it is not able to add its IP address to DNS
automatically. To solve this I had to add to my smb.conf (thanks to Chan
Min Wai <dcmwai at gmail.com>):

allow dns updates = nonsecure

Is normal this behaviour??
Why secure dns updates don't work when clients are in external subnets?

I try to add a subnet in "Active Directory Sites and Services", but
without success. The only way is the one above.

Regards, Carlos

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Visítenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu
Participe en Universidad 2014, del 10 al 14 de febrero de 2014. Habana. Cuba. http://www.congresouniversidad.cu/