[PROPOSAL] Remove BOOLREV (enable spoolss, writable, writeable) parameters

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 13 21:30:46 MST 2014

While not required by any work being done right now, looking forward to
a consistent loadparm in the future, I think the job would be easier if
we didn't have BOOLREV synonyms.

Could we deprecate these parameters for 4.2, and remove them for 4.3?

It would be safe (in a security sense) for upgrades to 4.3, because if
they were still in use, such a share would just become read only, or at
worst spoolss would be enabled.  In the long term, I think it would be
easier to explain our syntax to our users without this 'feature'.

What do folks think?

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/