Change defaults in param

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 9 21:44:05 MST 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 17:00 +1300, Garming Sam wrote:
> Aside from the unix extensions default that Andrew posted earlier, the
> attached patches are the only notable changes in the param defaults.
>
> We would like your advice on these changed (merged) defaults for lib/param:
>      server max protocol
>      min wins ttl
>      max xmit

Metze,

While the different min wins ttl is interesting, if it cause some issues
we can always just set it to 10 in s3, because I see no reason why to
save the record for hours longer than the client asked for.

What worries me is the server max protocol.  The SMB2 server in the
ntvfs file server is forced on in our testsuite, but is off for normal
users.  How bad would it be for it to be enabled for our users?

> And in source3 we've changed preferred master, restoring a lost default.
> We've also changed security to allow it to be overridden by server role
> when not specified.

Thank you for any advice you can give on this,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/