Winbindd using 100% of CPU. Any solution?

Mon Jan 6 03:12:42 MST 2014

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 11:04:41AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> So many red herrings.
>
> Here is the problem in my case.
>
> For some reason, in this customer's case, they have a domain called
> EXCHANGE and one called XCHANGE, but both seem to have the same DNS
> name (xchange.some.dom). One of them seems permanently offline as
> well, but that does not matter here.
>
> When we get the list of trusted domains, some times, we already have
> one of them, EXCHANGE, and we receive an entry for XCHANGE (I think it
> happens in that order.) We search for the domain in
> rescan_forest_trusts, but the search routine doesn't find it. However,
> add_trusted_domain does find the existing one because it also compares
> the alt_name (dns_name passed in) and returns the other entry. We then
> call setup_domain_child on that domain, which calls setup_child.
>
> In setup_child we do:
>
>         child->sock = -1;
>         child->domain = domain;
>
> which then causes us to call fork_domain_child in
> wb_child_request_trigger and bang, we insert the same entry again and
> corrupt the list.

"the list" -- you mean we corrupt the _domain_list variable?
I can believe that we add invalid entries with weird names,
but I failed to see yet how we can corrupt the doubly linked
list itself. We only call DLIST_ADD on a freshly malloced
structure. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de