[Samba] Can a DC have 2 IP addresses

Danie Wessels Danie.Wessels at pbmr.co.za
Thu Feb 27 01:50:28 MST 2014

Thanks Stéphane

> Yes, A DC can have 2 IP... bu when doing classic-upgrade or provision...
> only one IP must be active.
> Otherwise DNs config part can choice bad IP, I don't know why but....
"bad IP"?
Both IPs are "good", i.e. functioning.

> regards
>
>        Stéphane Purnelle
>
> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467

>>  I have such a situation and am trying to narrow down the problem to
>> the root cause.

Now I'll have to look elsewhere for the source of my errors:
"ads_connect: Server not found in Kerberos database"
and
"kadmin: Cannot find KDC for requested realm while initializing kadmin interface"

Regards
Danie W

The perusal, use, dissemination, copying or storing of this message or its attachments and the opening of attachments is subject to PBMR's standard email disclaimer available at internet address: http://www.pbmr.com/index.asp?Content=233 - Disclaimer or on request from the sender.