Removing the NT_STATUS_HAVE_NO_MEMORY_AND_FREE macro

Mon Feb 17 03:04:51 MST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 01:58:19PM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've reviewed all of these, and uploaded them with review tags to
> https://gerrit.sernet.de/#/q/status:open+project:samba+branch:master
> +topic:garming/macro-return,n,z
>
> git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git macro-return
>
> Naturally, I don't propose to push them until Kamen's concerns over the
> coding style itself are addressed or withdrawn.

One other thing: In the past we have always avoided sweeping
changes over the code for two reasons:

It clutters git blame and it makes backports harder than
necessary.

I 100% agree we should try to follow what's in
README.Coding, and I also 100% agree that control-flow
changing macros are bad, but I value backport ease higher
than hygiene for existing code.

So -1 from my side for these sweeping changes, sorry for
that. This is just my opinion.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de