[PATCH] Fix the last of the defaults and include a test to check them
garming at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Feb 3 21:00:09 MST 2014
On 04/02/14 12:42, Garming Sam wrote:
> On 03/02/14 19:48, Michael Adam wrote:
>> Ok, I need to look more thoroughly, but it seems
>> that you kept a lot of the patches introducing the
>> "function" metadata - those which I flagged "TODO" in my
>> master-param branch. Ideally we would avoid pushing those
>> to master, since they would be reverted after the corresponding
>> renames anyways ... I will follow up later.
>> Cheers - Michael
> On top of the branch I just gave you, there's some other conflicting
> stuff, but certainly work in progress. Notably an initial attempt to
> remove the ctx table and s3_param.h. There's an attempt to perform
> substitutions with the lp string functions in the source4 code, so
> these changes are making a hit:
> git://git.catalyst.net.nz/samba.git param-wip
> Just looking through the remaining meta-data patches, it looks like
> they're all simply the ones which add a function name and were
> originally marked TODO.
> I know it's a bit ugly to revert, but I think the only real
> alternative would be to really get those renames right here and now
> and so I can fix it all at once.
> Garming Sam
I decided it would be better to just get it out of the way and spent the
time doing the renames. It was scripted and they've been looked over
Branch full of renames:
The remaining meta data patches either somehow caused conflicts, or the
original name seemed more preferable, so opinions on those would be
good. In some of the cases where the primary name for the parameter is
less descriptive or more ambiguous, I would propose changing the name
and using the old one as a synonym. All in all, there's not too many of
them left and they can easily be done manually.
With these in, we should be able to get the generation in as well
without too much hassle.
More information about the samba-technical