Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:01:56 MST 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> On 06/12/14 20:31, Rowland Penny wrote:
>

>> Maybe you are using it in production, but that doesn't mean that you are
>> using it in the way you think you are. I would also recommend you to
>> moderate the way you write, you are coming across as a know-it-all
>> adolescent, which you probably are.
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Adolescents. Never work children eh? But know it all, no. What I do know is
> that a poster has stated something that is not only wrong, but misleading. I
> then correct him.
>
> Now please let us talk about Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...
>
> One way to set up an active:active 2 node cluster is to use ocfs2, drbd and
> ctdb. We have documented it and 3 independent domains are using it. It is
> available now. It has been tested in the field since September. That's what
> we offer. We thought we'd mention it. It may save you a lot of time getting
> your cluster into production. Take it or leave it. But please do not
> misrepresent it.

Actually, you seem to not understand what DRBD provides. What you seem
to be describing is not an ACTIVE/ACTIVE cluster using CTDB because it
does not provide a key feature that CTDB requires.

Perhaps if I get a chance next week I will try repro it to see what
sort of a mish-mash you have produced.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe