RAFT and CTDB

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:42:21 MST 2014

On 04/12/14 19:22, steve wrote:
> On 04/12/14 19:59, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 07:23:47PM +0100, steve wrote:
>>>
>>> As it would involve censoring many active and intelligent teenagers,
>>> most of whom think we're passed our sell by date, I'd rather not. It
>>> shouldn't be too long before we have fibre and go cloud anyway.

>>> If you do, they'll simply join themselves.
>>
>> That is a great incentive to ban 'steve', you
>> realize ? We'd much rather have individuals
>> on a list than a collective.
>>
> No idea. Is it your decision? Are you in charge of the lists? I
> wouldn't want many of our individuals on any list. We offer
> painstaking help and advice on the users list and have solved many a
> problem thereon. Put us on your personal ignore list, and ban us from
> samba-technical. It's the developers that the kids have no time for.

Good grief Steve, are you going out of your way to upset Jeremy ?? As
for Jeremy having the power to ban you, probably not by himself, but I
wouldn't lay money on it, if he was to suggest banning you, I am very
sure the rest of the devs would support him.

I suggest that you apologise (even if you think you shouldn't) and stop
allowing everybody and anybody to post as 'Steve'. It gets very
confusing when 'Steve' posts and it turns out not to actually be
'Steve'. If you do get banned, they will probably ban you from the samba
list as well and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Rowland