RAFT and CTDB

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 13:45:47 MST 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Min Wai Chan <dcmwai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Deal Richard,
>>
>> I've try it again.
>>
>> There is no OCFS error message on kernel...
>>
>> and the files directory seem to be working fine...
>
> OK.
>
> I have a pair of CentOS 6.6 VMs installed with OCFS2 and the Oracle
> kernel and the dlm-pcmk component installed.
>
> Now I just have to fight with the cluster config to get it all working
> and then build and install Samba 4.1.12 and CTDB 2.5.4.

Just an update on this. After an almost Herculean struggle (somewhat
like the Augean Stables) with OCFS2 and CentOS 6.6 and CMAN/PACEMAKER
I now have a 2-node cluster set up and sharing a file system via
VirtualBox.

The problem was that the latest versions of ocfs2-tools does not ship
ocfs2_controld.cman but if you build from sources you get one of
those, even though the build actually fails later on. And,
importantly, things work, at least so far.

Now to build ctdb and Samba.

However, I suspect people's problem is not having the correct setup.
We will see.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe