RAFT and CTDB

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:26:54 MST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Richard Sharpe
> <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Min Wai Chan <dcmwai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Deal Richard,
>>>
>>> I've try it again.
>>>
>>> There is no OCFS error message on kernel...
>>>
>>> and the files directory seem to be working fine...
>>
>> OK.
>>
>> I have a pair of CentOS 6.6 VMs installed with OCFS2 and the Oracle
>> kernel and the dlm-pcmk component installed.
>>
>> Now I just have to fight with the cluster config to get it all working
>> and then build and install Samba 4.1.12 and CTDB 2.5.4.
>
> Just an update on this. After an almost Herculean struggle (somewhat
> like the Augean Stables) with OCFS2 and CentOS 6.6 and CMAN/PACEMAKER
> I now have a 2-node cluster set up and sharing a file system via
> VirtualBox.
>
> The problem was that the latest versions of ocfs2-tools does not ship
> ocfs2_controld.cman but if you build from sources you get one of
> those, even though the build actually fails later on. And,
> importantly, things work, at least so far.
>
> Now to build ctdb and Samba.
>
> However, I suspect people's problem is not having the correct setup.
> We will see.

In case people haven't seen my other posting about this, I have
succeeded in getting CTDB working with OCFS2 on CentOS 6.6.

There were some extra steps I had to take and the key seems to be to
ensure that the Corosync-based lock manager is working.

However, it works!

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe