Removing the original params.c parser

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Aug 15 09:13:42 MDT 2014

On 08/15/2014 08:16 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

>> Nobody was asking for an apology. I think Andrew was just requesting
>
> Well, Andrew has not explicitly asked for an apology, but the text he
> proposes really does sound like one. I will not apologize for removal
> of code. I tried to start to gradually move it towards something more
> in line with what current Samba code would look like, but Chris NACKed
> that right away as well, so params.c is just around to stay forever.

Please re-read my "NAK".  I was favoring a complete conversion to the
current formatting style conventions.  I was saying "Go for it!".

A half-way conversion to the current formatting style doesn't really serve
the purpose (and it doesn't serve my ego either).  ;)  I understand
Michael's goal of keeping track of history, but that code has been stable
for a very long time, with no changes in the past two years.  Now is a good
time to convert it...or replace it entirely if that's your preference.

If it still does the job just fine, then you can leave it alone if you
prefer.  If you'd rather have it conform to the current formatting style,
run it through indent or astyle and let's get 'er done.  Just don't go
half-way, particularly not for my sake.

:)

Chridz -)-----