Error "in dfs path \machinename\export1 is not a dfs root."

sandeep nag sandeepnagamalli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:10:49 MDT 2014

It turned out to be a configuration issue in Windows DFS manager.
Solution: We have logged-in as a  'S-1-5-113'(which was appearing in the SD
of the exprot) user onto DFS manager box, Added the entry into DFS
manager(It has not allowed from GUI, so added from CLI dfscmd). for
'administrator' to have full-control.Because the criteria that we have
put-in in the samba VFS-plugin is that only 'administrator' user can
perform the file-operations. After doing this it worked fine.

Thanks,
Sandeep.