Request about implementation of alternate authentication mechanism in samba

Wed Apr 30 01:35:07 MDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 09:17:50AM +0200, Michal Vymazal wrote:
> In short description (on our future ldap patch code)
>
> We want to enable to ldap to use more than one password for one service.
>
> Means - hash no. 1 not match - ldap will try the hash no. 2  etc.
>
> So yes, we want to store an additional password representation.
>
> In this case, the user can use one password from PC and another password
> from any mobile device.

Will this be the active directory domain controller piece
that has been implemented as part of the Samba 4 release?
Namely, will this be in the source4/dsdb/samdb part of the
code?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de