Request about implementation of alternate authentication mechanism in samba

Tue Apr 29 09:21:57 MDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 02:15:18PM +0200, Michal Vymazal wrote:
> Dear all
>
> We are going to append binary code to some ldap modules - the goal is to
> enable ldap to use "alternate passwords" for some ldap entries. Means,
> every app using ldap bind will can use "alternate passwords" to verify
> the user access. Useful for the environment of mobile devices etc.
>
> My question is - does the samba team think about the implementation of
> this feature to the samba binary code?

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to
achieve? Are you talking about modifying the Active
Directory DC code? Do you want to store an additional
password representation there? If so, what would be the
requirements these alternative representations are supposed
to meet?

Best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de