Recent changes to autorid (was Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Apr 28 10:42:55 MDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 06:10:51PM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:

> autorid currently only has ranges of a fixed size
> ("idmap config * : rangesize = ...").
> And, by "people", do you mean the developers?
> We don't have a configuration means to create a range
> for the wellknown sids, currently.

As these SIDs are wellknown, and aren't going to
change (only expand as Microsoft adds more), can't
we just cut out a fixed area of say 500 id's and
have hardcoded mappings for these ?

If that range has already been used in someone's
config, we refuse to start, and provide a mechanism
for them to remap.

A bit dramatic, but very simple.

Jeremy