Need for cleanup of idle winbindd child processes...

Ravindra Channabasappa ravindra at juniper.net
Wed Apr 23 12:18:06 MDT 2014

Volker,

Attached is the patch (git diff of master) that has code to make child winbindd processes exit if they are idle.
If the request queue in the child is empty then the child gracefully exits.

This really helps in cases where the setup has many trusted domains.  It lets us use the 'max connections per domain' parameter more freely, I mean without worrying too much about the many idle winbindd processes.

Thanks,
--ravindra