smbclient didn´t get entire file size

Jeff Layton jlayton at samba.org
Thu Apr 10 04:32:09 MDT 2014

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:34:30 +0200
Klassen Torben (Gem. Leopoldshöhe) <T.Klassen at Leopoldshoehe.de> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> yeah i did so but unfortunately the patch won´t work in the Debian kernel.
>

> <make[2]:Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/linux-3.13.7/linux-3.2.54'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/linux-3.13.7/linux-3.2.54'
> Importiere Patch
> /tmp/0001-cifs-stop-trying-to-use-virtual-circuits.patch (abgelegt als
> test/0001-cifs-stop-trying-to-use-virtual-circuits.patch)
> Wende Patch test/0001-cifs-stop-trying-to-use-virtual-circuits.patch an
> patching file fs/cifs/cifsglob.h
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 715.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file fs/cifs/cifsglob.h
> patching file fs/cifs/sess.c
> Patch test/0001-cifs-stop-trying-to-use-virtual-circuits.patch lässt
> sich nicht anwenden (erzwingen mit -f)
>
> Im not capable of fixing this by myself and i would have to deal with
> that problem every time again with a new kernel.
>
> That´s not very practicable don´t you think?
>
> You don´t see any chance to fix this issue in samba itself??

(cc'ing samba-technical and linux-cifs)

It shouldn't be too hard to backport, but you do need to know what
you're doing. You could also ask the Debian maintainers to include the
patch. If they need help with backporting it, I'd be willing to do so.

As far as fixing the server...if the server in your case is samba, you
can set "reset on zero vc" to "no" and that should prevent this
behavior. Otherwise, you're out of luck and you'll need to fix the
clients.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at samba.org>