Samba 3.X on ZFS with acl_xattr / acl_tdb

Hafeez Bana hafeez.bana at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 05:13:03 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have had level 10 debug enabled and the strange thing is there are no
errors in the log file.

Even stranger - this morning I tried the following:

Used acl_xattr
then I set the owner and group of the folder in question to hb and domain
users respectively.

Altering existing permissions works...I can see the security.NTACL attrib
being modified.

However when I try to add a new user or group, I get the error above. The
exact error message is 'An error occurred while applying security
information to <path> : Access Denied'

My feeling is while windows is displaying the above error. I suspect
something it's not entirely true. That said, the security.NTACL attribs
look unmodified when adding a new user/group.

Any suggestions for next steps...

Thx.
hb