Gmail authentication - SAML authentication or use a cloud service like Okta?

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 16:37:22 MDT 2013

On 10/06/2013 10:57 AM, Ryan Nix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been searching around Google but I can't find an answer so I'm hoping
> someone on the technical list might be able to answer this.
>
> Samba 4.1 looks absolutely amazing and my school might like to use it as a
> secondary LDAP.  Is there native SAML authentication in Samba 4.x or should
> a third party cloud application like Okta be used?  The scenario is that
> our user accounts live in Samba 4.1 and we would like to use cloud
> applications like Box.com or Gmail.com.  The cloud applications would
> authenticate against our Samba 4.1 LDAP.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ryan

I believe Shibboleth is SAML. Shibboleth can be wrapped by Kerberos.
Samba 4.1 does Kerberos.

I am looking at this for other situations than what you described, but
the above chain is what I am currently about to put into a test bed setup.

Trever
--
"Walking on water and developing software to specification are easy as
long as both are frozen." --Edward V. Berard