Gmail authentication - SAML authentication or use a cloud service like Okta?

Ryan Nix ryan.nix at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 10:57:04 MDT 2013

Hello,

I've been searching around Google but I can't find an answer so I'm hoping
someone on the technical list might be able to answer this.

Samba 4.1 looks absolutely amazing and my school might like to use it as a
secondary LDAP.  Is there native SAML authentication in Samba 4.x or should
a third party cloud application like Okta be used?  The scenario is that
our user accounts live in Samba 4.1 and we would like to use cloud
applications like Box.com or Gmail.com.  The cloud applications would
authenticate against our Samba 4.1 LDAP.

Sincerely,

Ryan