Samba4 and dns lookups

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Nov 10 17:25:02 MST 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 11:35 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I'm still working on the wrappers. I'm running into a dns problem with exists
> also in master!
>
> rm -rf st
> TDB_NO_FSYNC=1 make test TESTS="samba3.wbinfo_sids2xids..s3member.local"
>
> This sets up a s4 addc with a s3 member.
>
> Failed to connect to ldap URL 'ldap://localdc' - LDAP client internal error:
> NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE
> Failed to connect to 'ldap://localdc' with backend 'ldap': (null)
> Failed to connect to ldap://localdc - (null)
>
> How does dns fake name resolution work in 'make test' currently. Could you
> explain that to me?
>
> I would like to get rid sooner or later because nss_wrapper is dealing with
> name lookups now.

I'm looking forward to that as well.  Did you sort it out since you sent
that mail?

The way it works is that when we set 'name resolve order = file....'
then we use the fake DNS file.

BTW, for my multi-domain work I need the fake nss stuff working, because
I need a way for Heimdal to use 'dns' to look up SRV records inside make
test, so that I can assist the parent and child domains to find each
other.

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz