Samba4 and dns lookups

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Nov 7 03:35:14 MST 2013

Hi Andrew,

I'm still working on the wrappers. I'm running into a dns problem with exists
also in master!

rm -rf st
TDB_NO_FSYNC=1 make test TESTS="samba3.wbinfo_sids2xids..s3member.local"

This sets up a s4 addc with a s3 member.

Failed to connect to ldap URL 'ldap://localdc' - LDAP client internal error:
NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE
Failed to connect to 'ldap://localdc' with backend 'ldap': (null)
Failed to connect to ldap://localdc - (null)

How does dns fake name resolution work in 'make test' currently. Could you
explain that to me?

I would like to get rid sooner or later because nss_wrapper is dealing with
name lookups now.

Thanks,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org