Ceph VFS

Ulrich Schinz ulrich.schinz at ksfh.de
Fri May 17 02:43:29 MDT 2013

Hi there,

I'd like to setup a samba with a ceph-cluster as datastore.

I found some patches via google, better say I found a mailinglist-mail.
There is mentioned, that there is an option to get ceph running with samba.

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-August/079049.html
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-August/079026.html

Are these patches available for samba4 as well?

As written, security descriptors are saved in xattrs... I think I tried
this as well, but I can't get it working.

My share is defined with vfs option = acl_xattr in hope that this manages
saving acls to xattr... but changing attributes from windows
produces error:

set_canon_ace_list: sys_acl_set_file type file failed for file Neues
Textdokument.txt (Operation not supported).

Maybe you have some hints and ideas what could be missing....

I'm using Samba 4.0.4 and Ceph bobtail on a Debian Wheezy.

Kind regards
Uli

--
Ulrich Schinz

ulrich.schinz at ksfh.de

Katholische Stiftungsfachhochschule München

Abteilung Benediktbeuern

Don Bosco Str. 1

83671 Benediktbeuern

Telefon +49 8857 88 506