Samba 4 IP change

BlackPenguin ADMIN admin at blackpenguin.org
Thu May 16 20:40:25 MDT 2013

Hi again,

After adjusting the fireall, I can get dnsmgmt.msc to run and it
connects to the DNS, so that's good. Just to make it clear, I never
administered a Windows server, therefore this is new for me. I have a
forward lookup zone and a reverse lookup zone. In the forward zone I
have pdc.blackpenguin.org and _msdcs.pdc.blackpenguin.org. Do you have
to add new foward zones and reverese zones, then remove the previous
ones? Is there a step-by-step instruction, so I get it right? What is
the _msdcs thing?

--
*BlackPenguin ADMIN | Linux administration*
admin at blackpenguin.org | http://www.blackpenguin.org