ctdb-2.3-3.1 on SLES11 SP2: Timed out waiting for initialisation

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Jul 17 00:00:43 MDT 2013

Am 17.07.2013 04:20, schrieb Martin Schwenke:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:12:31 +1000, Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:49:30 +0200, Rainer Krienke
>> <krienke at uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a running ctdb cluster with 6 nodes based on a OCFS2 Cluster FS.
>>> Until now I am still running ctdb 1.2.52 which works without problems.
>>>
>>> Yesterday I tried to upgrade ctdb to version 2.3 on one node. However
>>> when I start ctdb on this node using the same settings as for version
>>> 1.2  ctdb startes and everything looks fine buth then after exactly 10
>>> sec it says
>>>
>>> Timed out waiting for initialisation - check logs - killing CTDB
>
> Right now we're unable to reproduce the deadlock problem.  However, as
> mentioned below, I don't think that's the problem.  I think something
> much simpler is happening...  :-)

Hello Martin,

thanks for your replies. I will try to check the possible problems you
described, but first I have to set up a test cluster where I can
experiment without doing any harm to the ctdb 1.2 cluster in productive
use by our users.

I'll be back as soon as I have finshed the test setup and report what I
could find out.

Thanks a lot
Rainer
--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312