About samba 3.0.28 trust AD

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Jul 7 08:52:57 MDT 2013

Hello Wong,

Am 05.07.2013 11:14, schrieb Wong siu yu:
> I had a RedHat 5.2 need to trust domain the Windows Server 2008 R2 (forest
> level 2003). Which package I need to install first? I am using samba-3.0.28
> but I have no samba-winbind.
> May I know procedures of trust setting in Linux?

First I would suggest you the following:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#How_to_do_or_fix_..._in_an_outdated_Samba_version.3F

For further help, please be a bit more specific what you are planning to
do. What do you mean by "trust"? Your posting isn't very clear on that.
A trust between a samba NT4-style domain and windows AD domain?

Regards,
Marc