Samba has failed to kill me.

jimc jwizardc at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 20:53:42 MST 2013

I sent an email on Jan 10 titled 'Samba is trying to kill me'. I got two

After yet another attempt to make it all work, I decided to try manually
populating /etc/bind/named.conf.local, and /etc/bind/zones/ files, after
a killall bind9 and killall smbd.

Rather suddenly, things seem to be hugely better! The ldap and kerberos
host commands (from the directions) work okay now.

host -A samba.ozco.home still doesn't appear, but host -A ozco.home
parses fine.

My next trick is to populate samba.conf. Maybe I can get swat to run.
Wouldn't that be nice!

Anyway, I hope this will help some other soul. Maybe someone smarter
than me (which is just about everybody) can figure out why I had to do this.

-jimc