The Samba4 How To in the wiki, and Samba naming

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Jan 6 09:50:58 MST 2013

Hi,

I used this sunday afternoon to completely re-write the
   https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4
page.

I tried to create a central place where everybody (users/admins/developers)
could start when using the latest samba version (4.x) to find documentation to
everything around samba AD/member servers, etc.

The most of the AD section articles are currently linking to subsections of
the AD howto. I don't wanted to cut it down in separate howtos yet, before I
got feedback from you.

I tried to keep this new page simple and I don't wanted to place to much text
on it. Users/admins/developers should easily find articles/howtos they are
looking for. And I think to much other text on this page makes it confusing.
Other text should be on linked pages then.

I tried to collect the most s4/AD related pages, I could find on the wiki and
group them. Currently I haven't thought about the order of the links in each
section. So maybe some more important articles should be moved up.

What do you think about my draft of this central page?

If you think this draft is a good start, I can finalize it and try to rework
other pages too and split down the AD howto into a basic installation and move
everything else to new separate pages.

Regards,
Marc