Problems setting up (fresh) Samba 4 installation

Mark Pilant lpilant at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 3 11:57:05 MST 2013

Hi Bob.

I just checked the VM, and libvirt and dnsmasq are both installed.
Although on the fresh (bare metal) install I did not check virtualization
and libvirt is not installed, but dnsmasq is.

Although in my second provisioning attempt I did specify the ethX interface
IP address as the host-ip address; which should be used by Samba for the
DNS address (which is what I believe I need/want).  In other words, by
explicitly specifying the IP address the existence of virbr0 shouldn't
matter.

- Mark