Problems setting up (fresh) Samba 4 installation

Mark Pilant lpilant at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 3 09:47:26 MST 2013

Hi Ricky.

> Mark, there may be more info in your logs, would you mind stopping samba,
remove log.samba and log.smbd, start samba, wait ~10 - 15 seconds, stop it,
then mail the logs to the list.

I'll do this in a bit and post the results.

> Also if this is a test setup, would you mind trying the samba_upgradedns,
for some reason this worked for another user I was working with in IRC the
other day.

I trued running samba_upgradedns, but it would not run because I had not
set up a KDC.  (I mentioned this in my original post.)  This is why I'm
wondering about the ordering in the HOWTO, as Step 8 is configuring
Kerberos; which if needed for the DNS setup won't work very well :-)

- Mark