Patch: Fix the smbtorture smb2.compound request to not fail on Win2K08, Win7 and Samba3 responses

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 17:17:02 MST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Richard Sharpe
> <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Can you tell me exactly what changed here ?
>>
>> I Have an outstanding query with DocHelp about the fact that actual
>> W2K12 behavior does not conform to the spec (including the product
>> notes.)
>>
>> Attached are two captures that show the changes:
>>
>> Frames 15 and 16 on w2k08-smb2-compound-invalid4.pcap show what W2K08
>> does, while frames 15 and 16 on
>> w2k12-smb2-compound-invalid4-smaller.pcap show how W2K12 behaves, if I
>> have the right problem.
>>
>> If not I will have to check it out over the weekend and get you captures.
>
> OK, I got that wrong. W2K12 has indeed changed its behavior, and now
> returns STATUS_FILE_CLOSED when W2K08 returned
> STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER, but I can see no violation of the spec or
> the product notes in either behavior.
>
> I can send you captures of both if you want.

Sigh. I also should have said that there are two issues. The captures
I sent a little while ago do indeed suggest that there has been an
undocumented change in the W2K12 behavior, and that is what I have an
open question with dochelp about. I should ping them soon about their
answer. I will forward the preliminary correspondence from MS soon.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe