can I let all winbindd processes accept connections like nginx does

Tue Dec 17 08:30:51 MST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:11:59PM +0800, Tom wrote:
> Yes, I have already done some performance tuning before I sent my first email to this email list.
> The CPU utilization of all the child winbindd processes are no more than 10 percent.
> The CPU utilization of the parent winbindd processes is about 30-40 percent.
> I found the parent winbindd process spent a lot of CPU time on 'poll' syscall, seems it can't handle so many concurrent connections well.

Ok, poll is bad. What platform are you on? Linux has epoll,
which we have support for. This is definitely required for
that kind of load. If it's something else, we have a bit
more work ahead, we would need to write a tevent backend for
kqueue or /dev/poll.

What exact Samba version are you running? It might be
possible that your version does not properly detect epoll,
or you're sitting on a version where winbind does not use it
properly yet.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de