Samba 4 and winbind

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Apr 15 09:47:31 MDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 04:42:50PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:

> Again, this I understand, but if Winbind was a stand alone daemon,
> like it is with S3, then you could choose to use it or not. I
> actually think that if there was a choice then most people would
> choose not to use winbind due to its complexity  and inconsistency.

Oh, bitching on winbindd again. Very popular on this list it
seems :-).

If you have specific problems, please log bugs. Don't just
try and make some specific code into the boogyman, we've
had enough of proprietarty vendors doing that against the
whole of Samba thanks very much, we don't need our own users
to join in.

Jeremy.