Try to fix vfs_aio_pthread on HP-UX (by not building it)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 24 15:35:28 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 07:04 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I've been looking over our build failures of late, and I noticed that we
> are trying to build an 'empty' vfs_aio_pthread module on HP-UX.
>
> Now, this looks like legitimate C99 to me (and to every other host), but
> it's clearly not the brightest compiler, and so doesn't cope.
>
> https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/build/ceda3ba4b6e0a6ac80fdc3e2ae11549653c94391
>
> The attached patch is what I propose to fix it.  The decision to build
> the module at all now moves entirely to configure.
>
> What do you think?

While I think it's silly to build a totally unused module, this won't
actually help the HP-UX compiler.  It fails elsewhere anyway - we use
this perfectly reasonable C99 construct in other code, and the real
answer is to demand gcc.

https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/build/1eec160a6134dbe8c1828ec6403a1e0b322519cf