Samba 3.6.6 smb2 compound command problem

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Mon Sep 24 13:39:14 MDT 2012

On 09/24/2012 11:25 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> The fact that FSCTL_CREATE_OR_GET_OBJECT_ID is not mentioned is
> understandable. Look at the comment: + * Some SMB2 specific CtlCodes
> like FSCTL_DFS_GET_REFERRALS or + * FSCTL_PIPE_WAIT does not take a
> file handle. This means that all codes explicitly listed can NOT take
> a file handle. Everything NOT listed here does take a file handle and
> is supposed to be handled by file_fsp_smb2. If I read the switch
> statement in 3.6.8's smbd/smb2_ioctl.c line 92ff right, for
> FSCTL_CREATE_OR_GET_OBJECT_ID we will end up in the default: branch.
> This at least *should* fix your problem. Can you try that if possible?
> If you want me to double-check that the patchset from 9058 does indeed
> also apply to 3.6.6, please tell me. With best regards, Volker Lendecke
I misread the log file and patch. It does indeed fix the problem. I
thought that I was getting
the FILE_CLOSED error from the smbd_smb2_request_process_ioctl function
so the switch didn't
change anything in that return path. Instead the error came from calling
smbd_smb2_ioctl_send.

Thanks for pointing me to the fix.