Samba4 RC1: bind DNS failure[eot]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Sep 15 09:41:55 MDT 2012

On 09/14/2012 10:55 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 14/09/12 21:44, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 02:34:04PM +0200, steve wrote:
>>> Hi Jeremy. We feel that a very unfair comment. steve is not a person
>>> but a group of individuals striving to take recycled computers where
>>> they've never been before. e.g. Third world hospitals where kids can
>>> play games and the admin can decipher word documents.
>>>
>>> Kai worked with us before and wrote us a script that we needed. And
>>> so did your goodself on an acl issue. We thanked you both profusely
>>> for your help.
>>>
>>> We try to keep a test lan available to prevent others falling into
>>> the same traps, be it the beta 7 or the RC1.
>>>
>>> That's all. Rather than trolls who have to help you, look upon us
>>> not trolls who want to help you. Many would not even dare to post
>>> the questions which we post here for fear of a rebuke such as this.
>>>
>>> Please try to realise that North American English is not a means to
>>> an end. If our English is not perfect then please help us.
>> So you're hive-mind ? Cool, I've never communicated with a hive-mind
>> before. What planet are you from ? :-) :-).
>>
>> Here on Earth we're usually much more polite on mailing lists. You
>> might want to take that info back to your home planet so the entire
>> gestalt can chew it over...
>>
>> Jeremy.
>>

> Oh come on Jeremy, this is getting out of hand now, would you like
> someone talking to you the way you are talking to Steve?
>
> Rowland

Thank you Rowland.
Many forget or do not know how difficult it can be to be a spokesman for
a group of others, especially when there are language barriers. We shall
look into the way we ask questions on the list. Many of my colleagues do
not know that it is run by volunteers in their free time.
We are sorry to have caused members inconvenience. Please forgive us.
Yours sincerely, Steve, pp all the team at LCB.
[eot]