Samba4 RC1: bind DNS failure

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Fri Sep 14 15:51:08 MDT 2012

On 14/09/12 22:12, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 09:55:55PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
>
>> Oh come on Jeremy, this is getting out of hand now, would you like
>> someone talking to you the way you are talking to Steve?
> In the words of the Monty Python Black Knight, "I've had worse" :-).
All I can say to that statement is that you probably deserved it ;-)

> Seriously, I've never seen an account be used in this way, it's
> really quite strange to be talking to a nest of different individuals
> on one email address without this fact being communicated to the
> list in question.
>
> If I were to make one serious suggestion to "steve" it would be
> to filter *ALL* communication and questions through one person
> so that the tone of the communication is consistent, and then
> we'll have much less surprise in dealing with him.
Perhaps Steve could give us an explanation of the setup of his
organisation and tell us if anyone else has posted as him i.e. is there
more than one 'Steve'

> But I am trying to get him/them/ to be a little more polite
> on the list, and I think that's a valid thing to request.
>
> Jeremy.

Politeness is a two way street. It probably didn't help when you posted
to the list an email that I am sure you meant for Kai's eyes only.

Rowland

believed to be clean.