samba 4 rc1: internal dns

mpe michele at unipex.it
Fri Sep 14 08:57:08 MDT 2012

On 14/09/2012 16:26, Ricky Nance wrote:
> For the initial join you just need to make sure that your
> /etc/resolved.conf is pointed at your main AD DC. After that samba can be
> configured with internal DNS. Look back on the list a few days for more
> info on it, documentation is being worked on. Remember if you are using the
> git version that you are using 'cutting edge' code, so documentation may
> not quite keep up with it :-) .

Perfect, it works! ;)

Next question:
mysrv:~#/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single

/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: usage: nsupdate [-d] [-y
keyname:secret | -k keyfile] [-v] [filename]
../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294: Failed DNS update -
NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

what's this?

P.s. dns it's alive!

mysrv:~# netstat -nap | grep 53 | grep samb
tcp        0      0 192.168.25.1:53         0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN     2712/samba