LAST Call for RC1

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:52:18 MDT 2012

Hi Steve

On 12 September 2012 14:39, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> On 12/09/12 11:56, Michael Wood wrote:
>>
>> On 12 September 2012 11:31, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 11/09/12 02:40, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>>>   I'll be going RC1 on Wednesday (tomorrow) morning my time.
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> When will it be available for users?
>>
>> When he sends out the announcement :)
>
> Hi Michael
>
> These type of messages are impossible to translate. As the only English
> speaker here '. . .(tomorrow) morning my time', brings me an instant request
> for translation which is of course impossible.

If you are subscribed to the samba-technical list (which, of course,
you are), you will sometimes see a message saying that they intend to
make such and such a release on a certain date.  You could use that as
a guideline, but you should not bank on it, because there might be an
issue that requires postponing the release.

Rather just wait until there is an announcement that it has been released.

Andrew intended to release the 4.0.0 RC1 this morning (in his time
zone), but it seems this was not possible for some reason.  I have no
idea what that reason might be, but I'm sure he will let us know soon
when the release is expected now (or we will get an announcement that
it has been released.)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>