Default DNS server for Samba 4.0

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 6 10:48:44 MDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 02:03:18PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:

> As I mentioned before, I didn't see that much difference between the
> alpha and beta releases. We had two beta releases that were more broken
> than many of our alphas were. I fail to see how that is stabilization.
> RC1 is the first point were we draw a line on the ground and say "from
> here on, we focus on making it work reliably".

+1 on this, a *massive* +1 on this.

While the tree is open for checkins from anything that
passes "make test" this is not stabilization. Stabilization
will come when we have to have 2+ engineer review and an
open bug to make any changes, with Karolin gatekeeping.

This has worked *AMAZINGLY* well for the 3.5.x and 3.6.x
releases, and I think we'll find the same for 4.0.0.

Jeremy.