Initscript Debian Wheezy

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Mon Sep 3 12:10:47 MDT 2012

> Hi, I try to figure out how to autostart SAMBA4, (I'm a windows guy) I
> understand that it's the init.d script in the wiki for debian that I should
> use and then have a symlink from the rcX.d that will do the trick, however
> when I run insserv to try to understand how things work I get the following
> lines spitted in my face, what does they mean and how can I solve them?
>

> root at smbserv ~ $ insserv
>
> insserv: warning: script 'K01mountdisk' missing LSB tags and overrides
> insserv: Script samba is broken: incomplete LSB comment.
> insserv: missing `Provides:' entry: please add.
> insserv: missing `Required-Start:' entry: please add even if empty.
> insserv: missing `Required-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty.
> insserv: missing `Default-Start:' entry: please add even if empty.
> insserv: missing `Default-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty.
> insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for
> script `samba'
> insserv: Default-Stop undefined, assuming empty stop runlevel(s) for script
> `samba'
> insserv: warning: script 'mountdisk' missing LSB tags and overrides
> insserv: fopen(.depend.stop): Permission denied
>

> Yours sincerely,
>
> Jan Blomqvist Kinander

Hi,

I've "fixed" the wiki version to work on wheezy. Find it below.
BTW. I also modified bind9 (I use dlz) and ntp startups, to require
samba (Added samba to the required start and required stop lines of them).

Regards

Geza Gemes

#!/bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          samba
# Required-Start:    $network $local_fs $remote_fs
# Required-Stop:     $network $local_fs $remote_fs
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Should-Start:      slapd
# Should-Stop:       slapd
# Short-Description: start Samba daemon (samba)
### END INIT INFO

PIDDIR=/usr/local/samba/var/run
SAMBADPID=$PIDDIR/samba.pid

# clear conflicting settings from the environment
unset TMPDIR

# See if the daemons are there
test -x /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba || exit 0

# Starting init-fuctions for Debian -shell script
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

case "$1" in
         start)
                 log_daemon_msg "Starting Samba daemon"
                 # Make sure we have our PIDDIR, even if it's on a tmpfs
                 install -o root -g root -m 755 -d $PIDDIR

                 SAMBA_DISABLED=`testparm -s --parameter-name='disable
netbios' 2>/dev/null`
                 if [ "$SAMBA_DISABLED" != 'Yes' ]; then
                         log_progress_msg "samba"
                         if ! start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --oknodo
--exec /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -- -D
                         then
                                 log_end_msg 1
                                 exit 1
                         fi
                 fi

                 log_end_msg 0
                 ;;
         stop)
                 log_daemon_msg "Stopping Samba daemon"
                 log_progress_msg "samba"

                 start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile $SAMBADPID
                 # Wait a little and remove stale PID file
                 sleep 1
                 if [ -f $SAMBADPID ] && ! ps h `cat $SAMBADPID` > /dev/null
                 then
                         # Stale PID file (samba was succesfully stopped),
                         # remove it (should be removed by samba itself
IMHO.)
                         rm -f $SAMBADPID
                 fi

                 log_end_msg 0

                 ;;
         reload)
         log_daemon_msg "Reloading /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf "
                 start-stop-daemon --stop --signal HUP --pidfile $SAMBADPID
                 log_end_msg 0
                 ;;
         restart|force-reload)
                 $0 stop
                 sleep 1
                 $0 start
                 ;;
         *)
                 echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/samba4
{start|stop|reload|restart|force-reload}"
                 exit 1
                 ;;
esac

exit 0