Initscript Debian Wheezy

Jan B Kinander samba at kinander.nu
Mon Sep 3 10:24:10 MDT 2012

Hi, I try to figure out how to autostart SAMBA4, (I'm a windows guy) I
understand that it's the init.d script in the wiki for debian that I should
use and then have a symlink from the rcX.d that will do the trick, however
when I run insserv to try to understand how things work I get the following
lines spitted in my face, what does they mean and how can I solve them?

root at smbserv ~ $ insserv

insserv: warning: script 'K01mountdisk' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: Script samba is broken: incomplete LSB comment.
insserv: missing `Provides:' entry: please add.
insserv: missing `Required-Start:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing `Required-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing `Default-Start:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing `Default-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for
script `samba'
insserv: Default-Stop undefined, assuming empty stop runlevel(s) for script
`samba'
insserv: warning: script 'mountdisk' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: fopen(.depend.stop): Permission denied

Yours sincerely,

Jan Blomqvist Kinander