Galaxy tab 2

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Wed Oct 24 09:21:54 MDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 06:28 AM, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Jose Ferrero Garcia
> <carri.dayb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I try to run samba on galaxy tab 2 and don't works, crash wen pull
>> enable, im root and have superuser, in my other terminals samba runs good,
>> is compatible whit the tab 2 samba?
>
> I dunno, but it would be fun to see a Galaxy Tab 2 run as a domain
> controller :-)

At the core, Android is Linux.  Above that, though, the development
environment is (as I understand it) quite different.

It should be possible to port Samba to Android, but such a port would be
difficult to maintain without a committed team.

On the client side, jCIFS is part of several apps that run on Android.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org