Samba 4 join the domain as secondary domain controller

BlackPenguin ADMIN admin at blackpenguin.org
Mon Oct 22 21:09:58 MDT 2012

In the doc, the following line is specified for joining the domain:

bin/samba-tool domain join samba.example.com DC -Uadministrator
--realm=samba.example.com

If my PDC is pdc.domain.com and I want the secondary controller to be
sdc.domain.com, what would be the kerberos config and the samba-tool
command for this? Second machine should have a different name as sdc...
Should the secondary domain controller read-only? Can it be in
read-write mode? What am I missing here?

Thanks.

--
*BlackPenguin ADMIN*

*e-mail:* 	admin at blackpenguin.org <mailto:admin at blackpenguin.org>