Code review required for commits - formal Team vote.

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Oct 17 06:43:38 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 05:18 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 07:17:48AM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:

> > > Right now I'm using my inbox. What would you suggest as
> > > a different tool ? At work we use gerrit, but Simo has
> > > some valid (Java cough, cough :-) reasons to avoid that :-).
> >
> > Why is Java a valid reason?
>
> I'll let Simo answer if he wants, but basically he objects
> to them re-writing a git server rather than re-using the
> existing one. Java is just the punchline to the joke :-).

I mostly object in gerrit taking over the master tree, I'd be fine using
it if it were a side tool that could push *and* pull from master if/when
we push patches there.
Also as much as I like neat UIs I strongly prefer a tool that let's you
do everything from the command line. Autobuild does that, but afaik
gerrit requires WebUI interaction, to review/push patches.
I really do not like that, I want the option of doing reviews offline
and commit stuff in my 'reviewd' branch to be pushed once I get online.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce