We need to stop voting

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Oct 17 03:57:41 MDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:34:37AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> I mean I like code reviews, but I don't see any urgent demand to do this
> *now* and mandatory.

Well as someone famous once said, "if not now, when ?"
And "if not us, then who ?" :-).

We've drifted along as we are for too long, and this is
something I think we need more formal guidelines on IMHO.

Without the mandatory part of the code review proposal, nothing
will change and that would be very sad.

> To avoid the vfs_gpfs specific problem, we could do something like we've
> already done with ctdb. We've copied the public headers from ctdb to master
> and have an autobuild rule to build samba with clustering.

Very good idea ! Can you propose a patch to do that
(and I'll review it asap :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.